Foodservice group highlights the key elements of Arby’s turnaround
IFMA TV episodes focus on how Arby’s has built trust, and crafted a new brand identity
Arby’s achieved its highest same-store sales growth in more than 20 years in 2015 — average sales were up 8.0% for the year. The achievement inspired the International Foodservice Manufacturers Association to ask a simple question: How?
The IFMA, which is dedicated to sharing best practices and providing insights and networking opportunities for food service professionals, recently created two new video segments for IFMA TV to share Arby’s lessons with restaurant professionals.
If you are considering the Arby’s franchise opportunity, we encourage you to see what the IFMA had to say about our turnaround, and our trajectory.
Building a new culture
The first video touches on:
- How CEO Paul Brown helped transform the franchisor-franchisee relationship at Arby’s
- How an environment of mutual respect and listening helped generate a new vision
- How teamwork and franchisee input helped drive results
“Paul shows up and here’s this guy who has never been in the restaurant business, really, and he starts asking us what we think, where we see the brand, and what needs to be fixed, and immediately he was really transparent. And it was trust, trust, trust from the very minute we got together.” — Jeff Davis, chairman of U.S. Beef Corporation, Arby’s largest franchisee with more than 330 locations
Building the brand
The second video touches on:
- How Arby’s created its new Fast Crafted™ market positioning
- How Arby’s re-engaged guests
- How Arby’s focused its menu development and messaging
- How Arby’s embraced fun, bold marketing to become part of the conversation for target customers
“Creating a culture and an environment where people feel like they can innovate, take risks and try new things. That’s what we’ve been trying to do at Arby’s.” — CEO Paul Brown
Become an Arby’s franchisee
To learn more about what’s driving Arby’s sales growth, visit our milestones page to view the events that have provided momentum to the brand. For an in-depth look into the opportunity, fill out a form to download the Arby’s Executive Summary and to begin a conversation.